Tenets of the Satanic Temple
There are seven fundamental tenets.
- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
- Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
- People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
/law, govt and politics/legal issues/human rights (0.692353)
/religion and spirituality/christianity/catholicism (0.447264)
/law, govt and politics (0.400385)
best scientific understanding (0.930131 (positive:0.859161)), fundamental tenets (0.769413 (positive:0.633335)), Satanic Temple (0.694332 (positive:0.633335)), necessary pursuit (0.643037 (negative:-0.449252)), scientific facts (0.525028 (positive:0.403985)), freedoms (0.420944 (negative:-0.570160)), compassion (0.351476 (positive:0.718237)), justice (0.217387 (negative:-0.081018)), beliefs (0.214893 (positive:0.631573))
Epistemology (0.934176): dbpedia | freebase | opencyc
Psychology (0.765905): dbpedia | freebase | opencyc
Plato (0.738069): dbpedia | freebase | opencyc | yago
Law (0.714369): dbpedia | freebase | opencyc
Virtue (0.649510): dbpedia | freebase | opencyc
Concepts (0.585446): dbpedia
Concepts in metaphysics (0.580828): dbpedia
Society (0.563449): dbpedia | freebase | opencyc